RemTech 2009 Presentations
(Click on “Presentation” to open the corresponding PDF document.)
Federal Contaminated Sites – Innovative Remediation Solutions Workshop
- Doing Business with the Federal Government and the Accelerated Infrastructure Program – Presentation
David Wasiuta, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC)
- Federal Sites Security Requirements – Presentation
Rory Schrock, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC)
- Federal Contaminated Sites Action Plan (FCSAP) – Presentation
Hugo Gherbavaz, Environment Canada
- Federal Contaminated Sites Action Plan (FCSAP) Demand Forecast Analysis– Presentation
Miguel Larivière, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC)
- Reclamation of Giant Mine Site Yellowknife – A Major Project Case Study – Presentation
Norm Quail, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC)
- Working on DND Remediation Projects with Defence Construction Canada – Presentation
Ross Welsman, Regional Director, Defence Construction Canada
- The Deloitte – SDTC Western Canada Cleantech Report – Presentation
David Sparrow & Spencer Ord, Deloitte & Touche LLP
Conference Technical Sessions
- Addressing Environmental Exposures to Asbestos at the Libby Asbestos Superfund Site, USA – Presentation
Mike Cirian, On-Site Remedial Project Manager, U.S. EPA Region 8
- Nanomaterials used in Environmental Remediation – A Global Perspective
Stephen Goudey, Golder Associates Ltd./ HydroQual Laboratories Ltd.
- Nanotechnology – The Next Remediation Magic Bullet? – Presentation
Sylvia Chan-Remillard, Golder Associates Ltd./ HydroQual Laboratories Ltd.
- Nanomaterials and the Environment: Regulatory Implications and Research Needs – Presentation
Lori Sheremeta, Alberta Ingenuity
- Tailings Treatment and Nanoparticles– Presentation
Preston McEachern, Alberta Environment
Technology from the Netherlands
- Water and Energy Resource Management– Presentation
Hans van Duijne, Deltares
- Large Scale Management of (Contaminated) Dredged Sediments (a Comparisation Between Europe and North America) – Presentation
Bastiaan M. Lammers, Boskalis-Dolman
- In-situ Bioremediation of Chlorinated Solvents in Source Areas – Presentation
Martin Slooijer, BioSoil B.V.
- Advanced In-situ Remediation Technologies in Canada; a Success Story on Canadian-Dutch Co-operation in Canada Between Private Solution Providers Supported by both Canadian and Dutch Governments – Presentation
Yvo Veenis, Groundwater Technology B.V.
Unique Locations and Situations
- Winter Remediation of PHC-Contaminated Soils from the Shoreline of a Flowing Channel Located in Northern Manitoba – Presentation
Marcus Smith, Manitoba Hydro
- Former Tipple Mine Site Remediation and Reclamation Program – Presentation
Brian Geddes, AMEC Earth & Environmental
- Case Study – Drumheller Institution: Kitchen and Health Centre Crawl Space Remediation– Presentation
Jim Clare, AECOM
- Case Study: Successful Remediation of Operating Service Station and Third-Party Properties at a National Park Townsite – Presentation
Rob Micklethwaite, O’Connor Associates Environmental
Working in Canada’s North: Challenges and Perspectives
- Evaluating the Constructability of Remediation Projects in the North –– Presentation
Jonathan Kerr , AECOM
- Cleaning-Up Dew Line Sites in Nunavut: The Inuit Perspective at Cam-F – Presentation
Kailapi Alorut , Sila Remediation Inc.
- Challenges of Conducting Environmental Investigations in the Canadian Arctic – Presentation
David Wells, AMEC Earth and Environmental
- Challenges Facing Soil Treatment Facilities in the Yukon – Presentation
Donald Wilson , EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd.
Remediation and Environmental Sustainability
- An In-Situ Chemical Oxidant that utilizes “Green Chemistry” for the Treatment of Both Petroleum Hydrocarbons and Chlorinated Solvents – Presentation
Jack Peabody, Regenesis
- Use of a Sustainability Evaluation Tool for the Evaluation of Remedial Scenarios – Presentation
Jaime Graves and Robert Noel-de-Tilly, Golder Associates
- The True Cost of Remediation – Presentation
Gary Millard, Shell Canada Products
- Calcium Humate Reduces Disposal Costs by lowering Electrical Conductivity and Sodium Absorption Ratio in Potassium Silicate based Drilling Waste – Presentation
Russel Orcutt, Summit Liability Solutions
- Evaluation of the Microtox Toxicity Testing System: does it belong in the environmental industry? – Presentation
Erik Martin, TRIUM
- Kitkatla Remediation Program– Presentation
David Isopo, Quantum Remediation
- Total Microbial Profiling…Because Sometimes Bacteria Just Aren’t Enough – Presentation
Pernilla Stenroos, HydroQual Laboratories Ltd.
- Biological Treatment of Hazardous Sludge Using a Modified Ex situ Biopile System and Beneficial Reuse of Residuals – Presentation
Jeff Dirks, Biogenie S.R.D.C. Inc.
- Subsoil Injection of Concentrated Organic Pellets – Presentation
Leonard Leskiw, Paragon Soil and Environmental Consulting
A Little of Everything
- Vapour Intrusion and Indoor Air Quality – Assessing IAQ Impacts, Understanding Building Factors, Strategies for Mitigation – Presentation
Paul MacKinnon, EHS Partnerships Ltd.
- Lead (Pb): Upcoming Implications for Contaminated Site Soil Quality Guidelines – Presentation
Anthony Knafla, Equilibrium Environmental
- In Situ Treatment of Chlorinated Volatile Organic Hydrocarbons by Fracture-Emplacement of a Micro-Iron/Carbon Amendement – Presentation
Gordon H. Bures, Frac Rite Environmental Ltd.
- Management of Significant PHC Impacts in an Urban/Community Setting – Case Study – Presentation
Karl Bresee, Intrinsik Environmental Sciences Inc.
- Soil Protection by Polymer Enhanced Mineral Barrier (Applications and New Developments) – Presentation
Mike Naismith, Trisoplast Mineral Liners
- BROWNFIELDS DEVELOPMENT – 60-year Old Construction Yard – REMEDIATED AND REDEVELOPED! – Presentation
Vladimir Agatonovic, Focus Corporation
- Landfills – the Remediation Industry’s Dirty Little Secret: Potential Liabilities during Design, Construction and Operation– Presentation
Dean Wall, AMEC Earth & Environmental
- An Integrated Model for Design of Soil Vapour Intrusion Mitigation Systems – Presentation
Ian Hers, Golder Associates
- Differentiation of chloride source using stable chlorine isotopes – Presentation
Alec Blyth , Alberta Research Council
The Quebec Perspective
- Sustainable approach in contaminated soil management – lessons learned from 20 years of practice – Presentation
Christian Bélanger, Englobe Corp
- Chemical oxidation, enhancing organic contaminant remediation via the use of co-solvent surfactants – Presentation
Jean Paré, Chemco inc
- Environmental Accountability are we Really Making Things Better– Presentation
Tony Hawke, TERRAPEX Environnement
- Bioremediation of a former Tank Farm – Presentation
Eric Bergeron, Golder Associates Ltd.
- Understanding the Uncertainty Associated with Analytical Results: Sources, Control and Interpretation of Results – Presentation
Marc Paquet, Maxxam Analytics
- LNAPL Deep Below the Water Table – How Did It Get There? The Importance of Proper Site Characterization and Implications for Remediation – Presentation
Stephen Munzar, Hemmera Envirochem Inc.
- New Approaches and Tools for Evaluating LNAPL Mobility – Presentation
Ian Hers , Golder Associates
- Contrasts in LNAPL Risk Factors for Different Petroleum Products – Presentation
G.D. Beckett, AQUI-VER, INC., Douglas Bell, Dillon Consulting Limited
- Remediation Options and Treatment for Tebuthiuron at an Upstream Oil and Gas Site – Presentation
Felix Lin, EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd.
- Corrective Action LUST Site Remediation Case Study Surfactant Enhanced Remediation of BTEX, PAH, and Diesel Free Product Recovery, UST Soil and Groundwater Plume, Monee, Illinois USA – Presentation
George A. Ivey, Ivey International Inc.
- Soil Remediation of 26,200 m3 of Hydrocarbon-impacted Soil at a Former Well Site Using the Ex situ Biopile Process – Presentation
Wade Simpson , Biogenie S.R.D.C. Inc.