RemTech 2002 Presentations
(Click on “Presentation” to open the corresponding PDF document.)
- Sulphate-Impacted Soils Used for a Highway Construction Project – Presentation
Margaret Allan, M.Eng., P.Eng, Matrix Solutions Inc., Calgary
- Accelerating the Bioremediation of Soils and Sludge Using a Particular Combination of Surfactant and Dispersant – Presentation
R.F. (Bob) Becker P.Eng. QEP, Becker Environmental
- Mobile Thermal Phase Separation – The Technology and Case Study – Presentation
Faramarz Bogzaran B.Sc., QEP, (CEO) SEACOR Environmental Inc.
- In-Situ Containment and Treatment of a Free Phase Hydrocarbon Plume Beneath a Plant Infrastructure – Presentation
M. Brewster, S.Penny, B. Odell, T. Jorgensen-Nelson
- Bioremediation: Case Studies in Central Alberta – Presentation
Alfredo Carcamo and Jeff Powers, ARC Inc. Environmental Services
- Environmental Geophysics to Delineate the 3-D Extent of Deep Chloride Plumes at a Decommissioned Brine Pond near Hughenden, Alberta – Presentation
S.T. Clarke, L. M. Dumond, Essis Ltd.
- Risk Assessment and Abandonment Strategy – Petroleum Production Field – Presentation
J.T. Dance, R.D. Huddleston – EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd.
L. Garrett and T. Robbie – Devon Canada Corporation
- Guideline Development for the Use of Monitored Natural Attenuation at Contaminated Sites in Alberta, Canada – Presentation
Tony Epp, Alberta Environment
James Armstrong, Komex International
Dr. Kevin Biggar, University of Alberta
- Phytoremediation of Oil Impacted Soils in Western Canada – Presentation
Rich Farrell & Jim Germida, Department of Soil Science, University of Saskatchewan
- Dual Phase Vacuum Extraction Pilot Studies – Presentation
Greg T. Saretzky, M.Sc., P.Eng.
Kris Bradshaw, B.A.Sc., E.I.T, Stantec Consulting Ltd.
Russell Roy, P.Eng, TransGas Limited
- Generic Remedial Criteria Development in Alberta – Presentation
Craig S. Harris, M.Sc., P.Geol., P.Biol.
Ian Terry, P.Eng.
- The Effect of Compost Type and Operating Temperature on Biodegradation of Diesel Fuel Contaminated Soil – Presentation
Rafik Hesnawi, Department of Civil & Geological Engineering, University Of Manitoba
Daryl McCartney, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University Of Alberta
- An Intergrated Multi-Component Phytoremediation System for Removal of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Contaminants from Soil – Presentation
Xiao-Dong Huang, Yousef El-Alawi, Dona Penrose, D. George Dixon, Bernard Glick and Bruce Greenberg
Department of Biology, University of Waterloo
- Selective Phase Transfer Technology (SPTT) – Presentation
George A. Ivey, B.Sc., CES, CESA, Ivey International Inc.,
and Daniel J. Smith, B.Sc., Handex Environmental, Inc.
- From Grey to Green: Transforming Oily Drilling Waste into a Soil Amendment – Presentation
Ari Laurell, Unique Oilfield Technology Services
- Assessment and Remediation of Chloride Impacted Groundwater: A Case Study – Presentation
Gordon MacMillan, Robert Pockar, Matrix Solutions Inc.
Brent Bowerman, Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
- Low Temperature Ex-Situ Bioremediation of Hydrocarbon Contaminated Soils – Presentation
Darryl Erichsen, B.Sc., P.Eng, WasteCo Environmental Services Ltd.;
Vince Parsons, B.Sc., Graduate Student, University of Calgary
- Multi-Stage Biological Treatment System for Removal of Heavy Metal Contaminants – Presentation
Al Mattes, Nature Works
Doug Gould, Teck Cominco
Bill Duncan, CANMET
- ET-DSPTM for In-Situ Remediation Under an Occupied Residential Apartment Building – Presentation
Bruce C. W. McGee, McMillan-McGee Corp.
Barry Nevokshonoff, Sequoia Environmental Remediation
Kevin Keenan, Sequoia Environmental Remediation
Randall Warren, Shell Canada Products Ltd.
- The Development of Site Specific Risk Based Soil Quality Guidelines as Part of a Contamination Management/Remediation Strategy at a Petrochemical Facility in Alberta – Presentation
M. Jillian Mitton, P.Eng., Golder Associates Ltd.
Darrell Jones, P. Eng., NOVA Chemicals Corporation
- Thermal Desorption – Presentation
Darryl Nelson, President, Nelson Environmental Remediation Ltd.
- Total Oil Remediation and Recovery (TORR) Remediate Hydrocarbon Contaminated Groundwater – No Additional Waste Created – Presentation
M.J. Plebon, EARTH (Canada) Corporation
- Enhanced In Situ Hydrocarbon Recovery: Dual Phase Vacuum Extraction and Pneumatic Fracturing Project – Presentation
Greg Saretzky, M.Sc., P.Eng.
Tony Gregov, BAIEM
Tim Robbie, B.Sc. P.Eng.
- Co-composting Treatment of Hydrocarbon Impaired Drilling Wastes – Presentation
Frank Scheibli, H.B.Sc., M.Sc., P.Geol., Newpark Environmental Services
- Performance of Enhanced Aerobic Bioremediation on Remediating Upstream Oilfield Wastes – Presentation
Dan S. Spitz, SEnior Hydrogeologist
- The Development of Innovative Technologies for the Remediation of Contaminated Sites – Presentation
Bill Wong, P.Eng, SAIC Canada
- Solar Detoxification – Treatment of Contaminated Groundwater – Presentation
Bill Wong, P.Eng, SAIC Canada
- Preliminary Study of Multiple Heavy Metal Removal Using Waste Iron Oxide Tailings – Presentation
Le (Larry) Zeng, Alberta Research Council Inc.
- A New Technology for the Treatment of Mercury Contaminated Water and Soils – Presentation
J. Ming Zhuang, Tony Walsh and Tak Lam
- The Use of Anhydrous Ammonia for Bioventing – Presentation
R.G. Zytner, M. Hallman, R. Jennings, B.Fernandez-Gimenez, and K. Leek
School of Engineering, University of Guelph