RemTech 2004 Presentations
(Click on “Presentation” to open the corresponding PDF document.)
- Field Aspects of Oxidation and Enhanced Biodegradation: Understanding and Controlling Chemical Reactions During the Injection of Hydrogen Peroxide for In-Situ Remediation of Petroleum Hydrocarbons
Stuart Peters, B.Sc., O’Connor Associates Environmental Inc.
- Pressure Pulse Technology: An Innovative Fluid Flow Technique and Remedial Tool
Brett Davidson, Wavefront Energy and Environmental Services Inc.
- Successful In-Situ Remediation of Hydrocarbon Contaminated Soil & Groundwater In Tight Alluvial Silt-Clay Till, Red Deer, Alberta; Pay-For-Performance Case Study Using Ivey-sol® / SPT® Technology – Presentation
Ian Hers, M.A.Sc., P.Eng, Golder Associates
- Development of Site-Specific Remedial Objectives (SSRO) for Weathered Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Peat Soil Environments
Craig S. Harris M.Sc., P.Geol., P. Biol., AMEC Earth & Environmental
- A Comparision of Chemical Oxidation Techniques Used for the In-Situ Treatment of Hydrocarbon Impacted Soils in Alberta
Gopal Achari, Ph.D., University of Calgary
- Remediation of an Oilfield Battery and Flare Pit Site – Presentation
Douglas Sweeney, M.Sc., P.Eng., SEACOR Environmental
- Use of Nano-Scale Zero-Valent Iron for Chlorinated Solvent Remediation
Robert Glazier, P.G., Golder Associates
- Low Level Detection of Priority Inorganic Pollutants in Groundwater
Darren Crichton, B.Sc., Norwest Labs
- The Use Of Ecological Risk Assessment For Regional Management Of Aquatic Impacts
Henri de Pennart, Ph.D., Alpine Environmental Ltd.
- Numerical Modelling For Groundwater Extraction Design and Hydrocarbon Plume Containment
Trevor Butterfield, M.Sc., Komex International Ltd.
- The Use of Floating Turbidity Barriers – Shoreline Reclamation Project, Kootenay Lake
Murray Banting, R.E.T., Applied Geo-Environmental Solutions Inc.
- An Integrated Multi-Process Phytoremediation System for Removal of Persistent Contaminants from Soils
Bruce M. Greenberg, B.Sc., Ph.D., University of Waterloo
- Native Prairie Plants in Phytoremediation: Successes, Limitations and Knowledge Gaps
Jay Woosaree, Alberta Research Council
- Using the One Dollar Model to Answer the Million Dollar Question, or Assessment of Natural Attenuation Within the Regulatory Framework –
Qunli Dai, O’Connor Associates Environmental Inc.
- Decision Analysis Assessment of Contaminated Site Management Through Monitored Natural Attenuation Compared to Active Site Remediation –
James Armstrong, B.A.Sc., Komex International Ltd.
- Using Humalite-Derived Aqueous Humic Products to Mobilize Soil-Adsorbed Hydrocarbons and Enhance Natural Attenuation
Trenton M. Parks, Ph.D., P.Chem., Stantec Consulting Ltd.
- An Effective Soil Vapour Extraction / Bioventing Model
Eyad A. Barakat, B.Sc., M.Sc. University of Guelph
- Establishing Design Parameters for Multi-Phase Extraction Systems Using Unsaturated and Saturated Soil Properties
Todd White, M.Sc., P.Geol., SEACOR Environmental
- Extraction of Biorecalcitrant Petroleum Hydrocarbons from Contaminated Soil Using Supercritical Fluid Extraction (SFE) – Presentation
Gavin Y. K. Cheng, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Alberta
- 60-Year Old Commercial Site Remediation and Restoration – Presentation
Tammy Lomas-Jylha, OCETA/aboutREMEDIATION/ Canadian Brownfields Network
- Analysis of Cold Temperature Crude Oil Degrading Bacterial Communities
Angus Chu, University of Calgary
- Biogeochemistry of Hydrocarbon Impacted Arctic Waters
Herb Ziervogel, EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd.
- Application of an Immunoassay Technology to Management of Water Treatment During Site Remediation – Thebacha Campus, Aurora College, Fort Smith, NWT
Paul Morton, P.Geol., EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd.
- Soil Remediation of a Former Tank Farm Site in Western Arctic Canada
Guillaume Bedard, Biogenie S.R.D.C. Inc.
- Screening Methods for Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Drilling Wastes
Ron Minks, B.Sc., Enviro-Test Laboratories
- Conducting Environmental Site Assessments at Upstream Oil and Gas Facilities
Darlene Howat, M.Sc., Alberta Environment
- Sustainability Studies of Commonly Used Remediation Technologies in Alberta
Israel Dunmade, Ph.D., Mount Royal College
- Applications of Forensic Chemistry to Environmental Work
Diane L. Saber, Ph.D., Gas Technology Institute