SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Summit Decommissioning Services (SDS) team as a Crew Truck Lead Hand (Competition # 23-01-0606). This position will be predominately field work based out of Brooks, Alberta but welcomes applicants from surrounding communities such as Lethbridge and Taber.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This role will support the Field Level Supervisor regarding day to day on-site job tasks, being an efficient, effective and reliable member of the field crew. You will lead pipeline/facility decommissioning or maintenance projects to completion in a safe and timely fashion by providing guidance, leadership and instruction to labourers. You will be working 10 to 12 hours per day on a shift which may vary from Monday to Friday, through to 24 days on and 6 days off.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, and an in-house IT department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated Professionals.
You will carry out all duties in consultation with the Field Level Supervisor on matters. Your primary duties will include but are not limited to the following;
• safe operation of a 2 ton crew truck with a knuckle picker, providing safe hoisting and rigging
• operation of a skid steer (tracked bobcat)
• provide guidance and hands on support to labourers completing tasks associated with facility or pipeline decommissioning
• organize and delegate day to day on-site job tasks,
• embody and promote safety in all tasks,
• assist with regular reporting including; daily reports and field tickets,
• mobilization and operating of equipment and tools as projects demand, and
• supporting projects on a hands-on basis.
Candidates must be prepared to work in a multidisciplinary, fast paced project team environment and able to undertake a variety of project related tasks, deadlines and ability to work and/or travel in varied terrains, weather conditions and isolated locations.
• A minimum of 3 years’ direct experience in pipeline and facility abandonment, or pipeline and facility maintenance services,
• Valid class 5 driver’s license and clean drivers abstract (nonnegotiable),
• Possess exceptional understanding of safety processes/tools and hazard recognition,
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and
• Relevant equipment operating experience.
The following is considered an asset;
• Engineering technical diploma or equivalent.
Summit Decommissioning Services is an innovative industry leader in the abandonment and decommissioning services sector here in Australia and Western Canada.
Summit’s vision is to be the most respected decommissioning services company, admired for its people, performance and innovation.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.