SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Reclamation, Remediation and Risk Management (RRRM) group as a Project Manager (Competition #21-06-0420) in Calgary or Lloydminster, Alberta. This position will report directly to the Director of RRRM.
You will carry out your duties in consultation with the Director RRRM on all matters. The primary duties include but are not limited to:
• oversee small to large remediation, ground water management/monitoring and reclamation projects;
• provide direction and support to Environmental Specialists and Environmental Analysts (employees and contract staff) that have day to day control of the work and field programs;
• adhere to program budgets and schedules;
• report project status including but not limited to:
o spend to date versus budget,
o forecast work to be completed, work completed in comparison to work planned, and
o project performance and summaries;
• provide training and mentorship to field staff;
• provide training and mentorship to Environmental Specialists and Analysts;
• provide mentorship to Project Managers;
• provide revenue forecasts, detailed project performance review, staffing forecasts and seasonal workforce forecasts to the Director, RRRM for budget and planning cycles;
• review and approve timesheets, vacation and training requests;
• participate in committees and work groups for the development and improvement of templates, work process and implementation of new technology;
• appropriately escalate issues to the Director, RRRM;
• conflict resolution; and,
• consult and engage with members of an expert, multi-disciplinary technical team for project support when necessary.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, an in-house IT department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated professionals.
• A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in project management and environmental consulting;
• A University degree (BSc or MSc) in Engineering, Ecology, Biology, or Environmental Science or a College diploma in Engineering, Ecology, Biology, or Environmental Science;
• Experience with managing up to 10 direct reports of varying experience level (junior to senior);
• A minimum of 5 years experience managing and mentoring senior environmental professionals including Project Managers;
• Registered member of AIA or an applicable Professional Association as a full professional or a member of good standing in training; and,
• Proficient with Alberta and Saskatchewan regulations and guidelines related to surface reclamation
• Familiarity with Alberta reclamation guidelines and best practices
• Familiarity with BC restoration guidelines and best practices is an asset
• Strong analytical and technical writing skills
• Professional competency (sign-off) in a minimum of two of the following competencies:
o Phase II Environmental Site Assessments,
o Remediation Assessments (including spills and unintended releases), and
o Detailed Site Assessments.
Summit, An Earth Services Company is an industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to be the most respected environmental solutions company, admired for its people, performance and innovation.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to [email protected]
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.