SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced intermediate or senior level land reclamation and restoration professional to join the Reclamation, Remediation and Risk Management (RRRM) Division as an Environmental Specialist (Competition #22-06-0553) with a primary focus on Reclamation work scopes. This is a full-time field position based out of our Lloydminster, AB office.
You will carry out your duties in consultation with RRRM Project Managers. The primary duties include but are not limited to:
• Technical oversight and input on a variety of reclamation site assessments, wellsite, facility and pipeline surface reclamation projects (which may involve surface abandonment)
• Project planning, coordination and management
• Supervision of field and office staff as required
• Data interpretation, analysis and reporting
• Budget preparation and control
• Maintenance of client relationships
• Regulatory and third-party stakeholder interactions
• Participation in company and client specific health and safety programs
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of Professional Engineers, Geologists, Biologists, Chemists and Agrologists, technical administrators, business development and health and safety professionals, and an in-house IT department.
• University degree or diploma from a recognized institution with a specialty in environmental engineering, agrology, conservation and reclamation, or geoscience
• Five to ten years of consulting or industry experience in environmental site assessment and reclamation
• Registration, or eligibility for registration, with a relevant professional organization (e.g. APEGA, APEGS, AIA, ASPB)
• Professional designation or potential to obtain professional designation from a professional association in Alberta and Saskatchewan (e.g. APEGA, APEGS, AIA, ASPB)
• Proficient with Alberta and Saskatchewan regulations and guidelines related to surface reclamation
• Familiarity with Alberta reclamation guidelines and best practices
• Familiarity with BC restoration guidelines and best practices is an asset
• Strong analytical and technical writing skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary project team environment
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative and ownership and work independently
• Excellent multitasking and problem-solving skills
• Experience conducting environmental liability assessments in accordance with the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) Liability Management Program is an asset
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.