North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is a progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services to a variety of clients and industries. We offer our employees exceptional career development opportunities and an excellent team-oriented working environment. North Shore has Alberta office locations in Sherwood Park, Calgary, Lacombe and Grande Prairie and a Saskatchewan office located in Regina.
North Shore is currently seeking Summer Students and Seasonal Staff to assist our Vegetation Management and Rec/Rem Teams. Positions are to be based out of our office locations in Alberta or Saskatchewan.
• Complete vegetation assessments and weed management activities in industrial, forested, native prairie, pasture and cropland settings
• Assist with assessment and reclamation projects throughout western Canada
• Provide assistance to senior staff on a variety of projects
• Complete daily cost tracking and project status reports
• Implement corporate and client safety programs
• Ensure that project requirements are met in a timely and effective manner
• Preference will be given to candidates currently or previously enrolled in a Technical Diploma or University Degree Program in environmental science or related discipline
• Strong vegetation and weed identification skills
• A valid pesticide applicator certificate would be considered an asset
• Willingness to travel and be in the field for extended periods of time
• Excellent communication, writing, and problem solving skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry
• Good understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements, particularly reclamation criteria
• Valid driver’s licence
• Good physical health and ability to work outdoors in varying conditions
• Willingness to work within a team environment
• Highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.