North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is an employee-owned, progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has grown and succeeded throughout western and northern Canada by providing cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. By keeping in line with our core values as well as maintaining focus on both our employee and industry relationships, North Shore will continue to be a leader amongst its peers.
We offer our employees a team-based working environment with flexible working arrangements, attractive compensation and field work incentives, performance-based bonus programs, a comprehensive health benefit package, numerous paid perks, and the opportunity to participate in our Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP). North Shore promotes and encourages its employees to continue their career advancement through continuous education, competency development, and memberships within recognized professional organizations. Therefore, North Shore provides generous support to its employees through paid training and educational programs, reimbursement of annual professional fees, and ensuring regular attendance opportunities at various conferences and industry events.
North Shore is currently seeking a Intermediate/Senior Emissions Specialist to join our Air Quality, Emissions, and Regulatory Team based out of our Calgary office.
• Collect data and quantify emissions for the Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI)
• Collect data and quantify emissions for the ECCC Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program (GHGRP), BC Greenhouse Gas Emission Reporting Regulation, Alberta Technology and Innovation Emissions Reduction (TIER) Regulation, and Saskatchewan Output-Based Pricing System (OBPS)
• Calculate benzene emissions from glycol dehydrators using GRI-GLYCalc, develop Dehydrator Engineering and Operating Sheet (DEOS), and prepare the annual dehydrator inventory as per Alberta Energy Regulator Directive 039
• Assist with the preparation of Annual Emissions Inventory Reports (AEIR) under the Alberta Air Monitoring Directive (AMD) Preparation and review of AMD Quality Assurance Plans
• Prepare and review of technical reports and proposals
• Project management activities including project scoping, cost estimating, planning, and invoicing
• Communication with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders
• Provide guidance, training, and supervision of junior staff members
• Minimum of 4-6 years of experience quantifying emissions for federal and provincial reporting programs
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, or a relevant diploma/degree
• Member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) or equivalent professional association is an asset
• Familiar with projects involving emissions management, emission inventories preparation, emissions auditing, and regulatory compliance
• Strong understanding of upstream oil and gas industry directives and regulations
• Experienced project manager capable of managing multiple client portfolios
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry (SiteView experience is an asset)
• Excellent communication, technical writing, and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and have a willingness to succeed within a team environment
• Highly organized and can prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.