• Be a senior member of our collaborative and engaged “One Team” work environment
• Provide technical expertise, guidance, and oversight on small and large-scale geotechnical projects with varying degrees of complexity, and multidisciplinary delivery
• Opportunity to support growth and expansion of geotechnical services in strategic markets across Canada, with focus in Alberta and western provinces
• Registration as a Professional Engineer, with undergraduate degree in civil or geological engineering – Master’s degree preferred
• Based in Calgary, AB with flexible work options
We’re SLR, a global consulting firm with more than 1500 people delivering over 30 technical disciplines around the world to help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability goals. With over 25 years of experience, we are a global leader in environmental and advisory solutions. And as a growing company, we’re always seeking to hire highly motivated professionals who are eager to help facilitate that growth.
As our business continues to grow and diversify, we are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent technical, communication, and interpersonal skills to play an important role on our geotechnical team. The successful candidate will be a client-focused professional, and possess experience working with clients to develop technical scopes of work, prepare proposals, and successfully manage and deliver projects, meeting SLR’s high standards for quality and client service.
Ideally, you’ll have experience identifying or pursuing business opportunities, as well as in providing mentorship and staff leadership to teams of geotechnical professionals.
Specifically, you will:
• Lead multidisciplinary teams commensurate with project needs and integrate geotechnical findings and interpretations with those of other scientific, planning and engineering disciplines
• Establish strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
• Provide strong client service, risk management, engineering judgement, and leadership skills
• Hands on management and over-sight of projects, including the review and preparation of technical work plans, correspondence and reports, and project specifications, as well as the planning and coordination of a wide variety of site investigations, engineering analysis, and the supervision and training of engineering and technical staff
• Manage project/program budgets, schedules, and contract requirements
• Support SLR’s financial performance, recruitment and retention, and health and safety leadership
• Mentor junior and intermediate staff, providing guidance and assisting in their development
Cultural fit and shared vision are very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused, and highly motivated, we’d love to hear from you.
Working at SLR
We care about investing in our employees for the long-run, and if you ask our team, they will tell you that is just one of the benefits of working here. As an employee-controlled company, we’re able to provide a diverse range of business that is focused on staff development, career growth, and opportunity across the entire organization. In short, we want to be a place where you can experience career growth and satisfaction for many years.
Here is what else you’ll enjoy as part of our team:
• Highly competitive compensation and vacation plan
• Comprehensive benefit plan and a suite of wellness initiatives
• Full-time, permanent role with flexible scheduling available
• Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
• Minimum 12 years of experience in geotechnical consulting, with expertise in soil mechanics and geotechnical specialization
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering, with a Master’s degree specialized in geotechnical engineering preferred
• A broad range of experience including municipal and transportation, waste, resource, mining, and commercial market sectors is an asset
• Ability to direct and manage a wide variety of geotechnical and mining projects, including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation; geotechnical analysis; design and construction; dam safety and geohazard assignments
• Ability to lead and work within multi and interdisciplinary project teams for opportunity development and project execution
• A registered professional engineer (e.g. P.Eng) or eligibility for professional status in Canada. Practicing status in Alberta, and other provinces an asset
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle required for travel to job sites/clients
SLR strives to build diverse teams that reflect the communities we work in, and encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups including women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2+, veterans, and people with disabilities.
If we can make the recruitment process easier through accommodation, please contact a member of the People team at [email protected]