Arletta Environmental Consulting Corp. is seeking a qualified intermediate to senior environmental professional for our Calgary office. Job duties will be managing remediation and reclamation reporting, Sr review and sign off, process development and staff training and mentorship. This role is suited to motivated enthusiastic individuals with a strong technical background. The position will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
The successful candidate will:
• Possess a degree from a recognized university and be a member in good standing of one of the six professional regulatory organizations able to sign-off on land remediation and reclamation work on upstream oil and gas sites in Alberta. Preferred consideration will be given to applicants with a Bachelor or advanced degree in Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Science, Land Reclamation, Agronomy or other related fields of study.
– Have 7+ years of experience in reclamation and remediation on both Private & Public Lands in Western Canada.
– Have strong working knowledge of the Oil & Gas regulatory and reclamation process.
– Be familiar with Alberta Tier 1 and Tier 2 guidelines.
– Preference will be given to candidate with SST training and/or Tier 2 modelling experience.
– Write, Review and Sign-off on technical reports including but not limited to:
– Phase 1 ESA’s
– Phase 2 ESA’s
– Remediation Reports.
– EPEA Approval Reporting (Groundwater, Soils)
– File Review summary’s and client update letters
– Create and update corporate template reports and workflow documents
– Be self-motivated and detail orientated with strong communication, documentation, and technical writing skills.
– Be willing to work flexible hours as required.
– Be willing to work as a team in order to accomplish set goals.
– Include in their application the following answer to the following question: List the most commonly excluded exposure pathways for benzene in agricultural soils under Tier 2 and explain why.
– Mentor and train staff in aspects related to data interpretation, application of regulatory guidelines and reporting requirements.
– Stay current on environmental legislation and regulatory updates.
– Prepare and sign-off on technical reports for submission to clients and regulating authorities.
– Participate in the ongoing improvement of company policies, procedures and field practices.
– Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and SOPs
Arletta Environmental Consulting Corp. provides environmental management and assessment solutions to oil & gas, commercial and industrial clientele throughout Western Canada. With broad industry knowledge and experience, Arletta provides advanced insight and comprehensive understanding into each client’s unique situation.
Services offered by Arletta include: Environmental management services including program design, liability management, environmental audits, Phase I & Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, characterization and remediation of contaminated sites, groundwater monitoring, spill response, pre-disturbance assessments, decommissioning and reclamation of well sites and facilities, compliance monitoring, risk assessment, and training.
Arletta offers a competitive benefits package, allows for work hour flexibility, encourages continuing professional development and provides increasing responsibility, project diversity, and industry training. Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.