When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve tomorrow by using cutting-edge technologies to challenge the accepted.
Based in Calgary, or Edmonton, Alberta, you’ll collaborate within many facets of our business and interact with the full spectrum of staff from the entry level engineers/scientists to the senior business unit leadership. You’ll support remediation projects across the globe, providing technical knowledge while helping to grow our business. Working with some of the brightest minds in environmental consulting, you’ll act as a senior technical consultant and strategist providing expertise and leadership in the form of project management, project technical consultant, regulatory subject matter expert, or senior QA/QC reviewer. Through all your work, you’ll champion quality, health, and safety. Clients in environmental, water and transportation will see you as their go-to contact as you build strong relationships by solving their toughest obstacles, and you will define and lead client overall technical strategy. We’ll rely on you to present complex technical information and interpretations to clients and regulatory stakeholders in a readily understandable manner.
You’ll apply your business development skills as you help to grow our business, working directly with our sales and client account management teams to help innovate and differentiate our service offerings. You’ll be the lead to understand technical client needs and provide remedial solutions that are practical and consider the cost benefit of remedial strategies and options. In addition, a portion of your role will help directly on proposals including proposal writing and level of effort estimating.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Bring your expertise in environmental remediation and desire to work on tough problems, and we’ll empower you to deliver the boldest solutions for our clients.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in geology, hydrogeology, civil/environmental engineering, or related field
– Professional experience in soil/groundwater investigations and remediation including experience in the senior technical execution of remediation and remedial design
– Expertise in the application and implementation of alternative remedial strategies with significant field experience in the delivery of remedial solution
– Experience with various environmental media (soil, groundwater, soil gas, surface water and sediment) in fate and transport of contaminants, interpretation of groundwater flow and implementation of various remediation technologies
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
– Certification as Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG)
– History of effective collaboration with multiple technical disciplines including experts in environmental engineering, hydrogeology, chemistry, and risk assessment to complete CERCLA remedial investigation and feasibility studies (or equivalent documents for RCRA or State programs).
– Professional experience related to emerging contaminants such as per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
– Conceptual Site Model development with high resolution characterization to support technical direction
– Risk assessment in the application of site-specific guideline calculations, including experience and understanding of human health risk assessment