H3M Environmental Ltd. provides environmental, archaeology, and regulatory expertise across Western Canada supporting clients in upstream and midstream oil and gas, municipal infrastructure, Indigenous communities, utilities, forestry, and commercial/industrial sector projects. As a full-scale service provider, H3M knows how to deliver pre-construction assessment, planning and permitting, construction, post-construction restoration, reclamation, and remediation services across multiple sectors.
H3M Environmental Ltd. is seeking a motivated Senior Environmental Professional experienced in the environmental consulting or upstream oil and gas industry to join our team and assist in our continued growth and diversification. The successful candidate will be responsible as the primary internal and external point of contact for the management of client portfolio(s) including, but not limited to: all environmental application requirements, front-end environmental assessments, and environmental inspections required to support a project from conception through to construction.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Technical oversight and input on a variety of site assessments, wellsite, facility and pipeline surface projects
• Project planning, coordination and management
• Client Management
• Supervision and mentorship of field and office staff as required
• Data interpretation, analysis and reporting
• Budget preparation and control
• Maintenance of client relationships
• Regulatory and third-party stakeholder interactions
• Participation in company and client specific health and safety programs
• University degree or diploma from a recognized institution with a specialty in environmental engineering, agrology, conservation and reclamation, or geoscience
• Minimum of eight years of consulting or industry experience in environmental site assessment and conceptual site models
• Professional designation or potential to obtain professional designation from a professional association in Alberta and/or British Columbia (e.g., APEGA, APEGS, AIA, BCIA ASPB)
• Proficient with Alberta and/or BC regulations and guidelines related to assessment, Strong analytical and technical writing skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary project team environment
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative and ownership and work independently
• Excellent multitasking and problem-solving skills
Core competencies are the key skills and strengths that help our organization differentiate itself in a competitive marketplace. By connecting employee behaviors to organizational objectives, core competencies help the entire workforce align its performance in support of common goals, these competencies would be considered an asset.
Operational competencies describe the application of knowledge and skills needed for H3M teammates to effectively perform in their specific role(s) within H3M. These are also aligned with the expertise needed for successful performance in specialized fields. These competencies would be considered an asset.
Project Management//Critical Thinking//Planning & Organization
Leadership/Strategic Competencies capture the essence of powerful, effective leaders and translate them into measurable and observable behaviours with strategic capabilities.
What H3M offers:
• Competitive salary
• Employer-paid Comprehensive Extended Health & Dental benefits
• Health & Wellness Spending Accounts
• Paid Sick Days
• Flex and Loyalty Days
• Free onsite parking
• Frequent team-building events
• Fun office culture and upbeat environment
• Education and Professional Development incentives
• Professional Dues Reimbursement
• PPE Allowance (job-specific)
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team. Please apply to our job board: https://cardongroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/. Follow Us on social media for the latest updates and news.
H3M values and promotes the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.