CARO Analytical Services is an employee-owned environmental, food and cannabis laboratory that provides professional analytical testing services to public and private clients throughout Western Canada. Whether supporting a client cleaning up a contaminated site, providing water quality data to ensure Canadians have access to clean water, or supporting the government in testing our food source for potential pesticide exceedances, CARO provides the data essential to the success of these programs. CARO also happens to have a pretty awesome corporate culture thanks to a great team of employees who take their jobs seriously, but not themselves: We are charismatic scientists, driven to make the world safer and healthier.
DESCRIPTION: SALES SPECIALIST – Edmonton, AB (Full Time)
As a Technical Sales Specialist for CARO Analytical Services’ growing laboratory network, your main responsibilities will include:
• Sourcing new sales opportunities to achieve sales targets and objectives.
• Responding to incoming inquiries and qualifying potential clients.
• Researching accounts, identifying key players, and generating interest.
• Assessment of new potential partnerships, markets, and competitors.
• Maintaining and expanding the database of prospects within the assigned territory through cold calls, visits, and emails.
• Ensure client needs are understood and addressed in the sales process.
• Preparation of quotes and RFPs.
• Updating CRM with customer intelligence.
• Working closely with other teams, including customer service and operations to ensure a positive customer service experience.
• Degree or Diploma in sciences, business, or related.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in sales or in a science-capacity role.
• Experience working in chemistry, environmental science or technology sector is an asset.
• Excellent people skills, strong business acumen and relationship-building skills.
• Time management and prioritization skills to meet deadlines and targets.
• Ability to work independently.
• Professional demeanor and strong oral and written communication skills.
• Willing to travel to remote areas to secure new business and attend professional conferences.
• Understanding of applicable regulations in relation to client’s needs.
CARO Analytical Services offers attractive potential for career advancement, with competitive remuneration and benefits. If you aspire a career with a thriving, fast paced and growing company with top quality people, consider CARO.