If you’re an experienced project controller looking for a unique opportunity to bring your skills to a highly engaged team, where your efforts and impact will be recognized and valued, then this is the role for you.
We’re SLR, a global consulting firm delivering over 30 technical disciplines around the world to help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability goals. With over 25 years of experience, our ambition is to be a global leader in environmental and advisory solutions.
You will play an important role on a team whose work is essential to achieving this goal.
What you’ll be doing:
Thanks to our continued growth, our Calgary office has an opening for a Project Controller. In this fast-paced role, you will be responsible for providing project support for multiple service lines across the business with a focus on our Land and Water teams. Success in this role will require strong familiarity with project management and documentation tools and processes, and the ability to effectively manage and coordinate activities for multiple projects and project managers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Assisting Project Managers and their teams with administrative functions and processes
• Understanding and working within project objectives, technical scopes, and project team abilities
• Tracking expenditures and conducting project forecasting related to cost control
• Coordinating data management and information transfer
• Project invoicing for sub-consultants, contractors, and vendors
• Coordination of project logistics
• Supporting the development of proposal and project documents
• Other administrative duties as required
Cultural fit and shared vision are very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused, and highly motivated, we’d love to hear from you.
Working @ SLR
With us, there is no doubt you’ll grow your subject-matter expertise and industry knowledge. We care about investing in our employees for the long-run, and if you ask our team, they’ll tell you that’s just one of the many benefits of working here. We want to be a place where you can experience career growth and satisfaction for many years.
Here’s what else you’ll enjoy as part of our team:
• Competitive total compensation plan and 3 weeks vacation
• Comprehensive benefit plan and a suite of wellness initiatives
• Full-time, permanent role with flexible scheduling available (core hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm)
• Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
• Minimum 5 years of experience with financial project control
• Proficiency with MS Office programs including Excel, Word and MS Project
• Experience with project cost controls and invoicing
• Experience with Siteview, Deltek and Adobe is an asset
• Experience working in the environmental services industry is an asset
• Excellent inter-personal and time management skills
• Post-secondary education or demonstrated relevant experience
• Based in Calgary, AB with flexible work options
SLR strives to build diverse teams that reflect the communities we work in, and encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups including women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2+, veterans, and people with disabilities.
If we can make the recruitment process easier through accommodation, please contact a member of the People team at [email protected]