Summit, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Reclamation, Remediation, and Risk Management division as a Project Administration/Support (Competition #21-11-0489)
This role will be based out of Lloydminster, AB, occasional travel may be required.
What to Expect:
The successful candidate will act as a Summit ambassador, collaborating on project related queries and forecasts. This role will support a team of dynamic and technical professionals on full-cycle administration and coordination for ongoing and pursuant projects. The successful candidate will ensure project deliverables continue to be of highest quality and presented in a timely manner.
At Summit, we know that collaboration is essential. Our workflows involve working with systems and procedures, executing tasks with the utmost diligence to optimize the work of others in the value chain.
The Summit Guarantee | Together: We Listen | We Collaborate | We Deliver | We Win
Primary duties include coordinating projects for the oil and gas environmental sector in a capacity of administration and coordination of towards projects encompassing reclamation, remediation and environmental risk management projects throughout Western Canada.
• Apply and manage project workflow in collaboration with field staff, Project Manager(s), and Director(s),
• Prepare timely project reports including but not limited progress reports, spend vs budget, logistical usage vs needs, and cost reports on a daily, weekly, monthly or as needed basis,
• Provide leadership with cost control input and suggestions,
• Assist the Project Management team in process billing in accordance with various client requirements and within the currently established procedures, which includes:
o Manage supporting documentation of billed time and materials
o Ensure timeliness of all supporting data entry (internal and third party)
o Support all billing inquiries
o Gain a functional knowledge of field ticketing systems
o Review and advise team on Work in Progress (WIP) status’
• Generation, maintenance and closure of project data within Internal and External systems and softwares,
• Ongoing support and development of procedural efficiencies,
• Administration support, ensuring the success of the project(s)
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, an in-house IT, GIS/drafting department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated professionals including engineers, agrologists, biologists, and chemists.
• Relevant experience in the oil & gas sector in an administrative capacity,
• Working knowledge and understanding of technical scopes enabling you to review technical reports and field tickets for accuracy – escalating as necessary,
• Familiarity with accounting principles,
• Highly organized and self-starting, and
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
The following are considered an asset
• Post-secondary education or training in accounting, project management, administration or a relevant technical diploma or degree.
• Working knowledge of the Alberta Site Rehabilitation Program (ASRP) and the Saskatchewan Accelerated Site Closure Program (ASCP) requirements.
• Experience with BST or equivalent enterprise software.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).