• Opportunity to expand our team of hydrogeologists in Alberta, participate in innovative, cutting-edge work, and expand our business in Western Canada
• Close knit, collaborative and engaged “One Team” environment
• Licensed Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) or Engineer (P.Eng.) in Alberta. Master’s degree in hydrogeology preferred
• Based in Calgary, AB with flexible work options
We’re SLR, a global consulting firm with more than 1500 people delivering over 30 technical disciplines around the world to help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability goals. With over 25 years of experience, we are a global leader in environmental and advisory solutions. And as a growing company, we’re always seeking to hire highly motivated professionals who are eager to help facilitate that growth.
As our new Principal Hydrogeologist, you will join a dynamic and experienced team of environmental specialists, providing senior technical expertise and mentorship to SLR’s Hydrogeology team within Alberta, and across Canada.
Success in this complex, multi-faceted role will depend on your demonstrated skills and depth of experience in staff leadership, business development, and client service, as well as your technical mastery of the field.
Specifically, you will:
• Provide strategic and technical hydrogeology consulting advice to clients and to SLR staff and managers working on contaminated sites and contaminant hydrogeology projects across Canada
• Proactively pursue, develop, and enact business development strategies to expand our contaminant hydrogeology services within Alberta and across Canada, and enhance SLR’s marketplace reputation and presence in contaminant hydrogeology
• Manage complex and significant projects and proposals, budgets, and schedules
• Provide guidance and technical advice to project teams and managers on requirements and execution of clean water and contaminant hydrogeology / contaminated sites projects and proposals
• Prepare technical reports while ensuring that assignments and reporting are carried out to the highest standards of industry best practices and SLR quality controls
• Mentor and train staff, and identify and implement strategies to enhance SLR’s technical expertise and innovation related to contaminant hydrogeology, hydrogeology, and contaminated sites
• Liaise and work with SLR’s hydrogeologists, hydrologists, project managers, technical discipline leads, business sector leads, and management team in Canada, the U.S., and globally
• Make presentations to existing and potential clients, professional and industry associations, regulators, as well as internally
This is a unique opportunity to bring your expertise to a highly engaged team, where your efforts and impact will be recognized and valued immensely.
Working at SLR
We care about investing in our employees for the long-run, and if you ask our team, they will tell you that is just one of the benefits of working here. As an employee-controlled company, we’re able to provide a diverse range of business that is focused staff development, career growth, and opportunity across the entire organization. In short, we want to be a place where you can experience career growth and satisfaction for many years.
Here is what else you’ll enjoy as part of our team:
• Highly competitive compensation and vacation plan
• Comprehensive benefit plan and a suite of wellness initiatives
• Full-time, permanent role with flexible scheduling available
• Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
• 15+ years’ consulting experience in hydrogeology
• Experience growing a team of professionals in a consulting environment
• Expertise in contaminant hydrogeology, supplemented with a broad knowledge of clean water hydrogeology including water resource management, groundwater chemistry, aquifer development, surface water- groundwater interactions and modelling
• Working knowledge of federal, provincial, local, and industry specific regulations and guidelines
• Experience and proven success in business development, client management, and preparation of proposals
• Licensed Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) or Engineer (P.Eng.) in Alberta, with relevant expertise and experience
• Post-graduate degree specifically related to hydrogeology preferred
• Valid driver’s license, and willingness/ability to undertake short term travel in Canada and the US, respective of current Covid-19 protocols
SLR strives to build diverse teams that reflect the communities we work in, and encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups including women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ+, veterans, and people with disabilities.
If we can make the recruitment process easier through accommodation, please contact a member of the HR team at email@example.com.