Permit Archaeologist / Crew Lead
Tree Time Services is looking for a Permit Archaeologist or Permit Archaeologist in training to support our Projects by:
• Leading survey crews on large projects under the close direction of the Project Archaeologist / Permit Holder
• Acting as an assistant / senior hand on mitigative excavations.
• Contributing to artifact analysis and permit reporting.
This is a full-time, permanent, salaried role, with the expectation that the successful applicant will take on growing responsibilities and be promoted to a Project Archaeologist role within 3 years.
• Master’s Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related discipline
• Two field seasons (12 months) Cultural Resource Management experience
• Class 5 driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract
• physically fit, able to carry 30 pounds, lift 50 lbs, and hike up to 10 km per day
Desired Experience and Skills:
• Ability to collect standardized data efficiently
• Ability to follow direction and receive feedback
• Love of the outdoors
• ATV operation experience
• 4×4 driving experience
• Good sense of direction, GPS, compass & map navigation skills
• Valid safety tickets, including:
◦ First Aid
◦ H2S Alive
◦ ATV operator
◦ Ground Disturbance
◦ Bear / Wildlife Awareness
• Work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Work 10 to 12 hour days on a 10-on, 4-off schedule.
• Work away from home up to 24 days if required
• Lodgings in hotels, work camps, and camper trailers as required.