North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is an employee-owned, progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has grown and succeeded throughout western and northern Canada by providing cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. By keeping in line with our core values as well as maintaining focus on both our employee and industry relationships, North Shore will continue to be a leader amongst its peers.
We offer our employees a team-based working environment with flexible working arrangements, attractive compensation and field work incentives, performance based bonus programs, a comprehensive health benefit package, numerous paid perks, and the opportunity to participate in our Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP). North Shore promotes and encourages its employees to continue their career advancement through continuous education, competency development, and memberships within recognized professional organizations. Therefore, North Shore provides generous support to its employees through paid training and educational programs, reimbursement of annual professional fees, and ensuring regular attendance opportunities at various conferences and industry events.
North Shore is currently seeking a Junior Environmental Consultant for our Reclamation and Remediation Team, based out of Fort St. John, British Columbia.
• Assist with the coordination and execution of Stage 1 and Stage 2 Preliminary Site Investigations (PSIs)
• Assist with the development and execution of reclamation and remediation projects in northeastern British Columbia as well as northern Alberta
• Complete vegetation assessments and weed management activities in forested, tame pasture, and cropland settings
• Assist with the coordination and execution of Schedule B Reclamation Inspections within the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) and Reclamation Inspections outside of the ALR
• Assist during initial spill response projects as required
• Prepare technical reports
• Provide assistance to senior staff, as required
• Promote our company’s vision, mission, and principles
• 1 – 3 years of consulting experience related to remediation, reclamation, or environmental science
• Good understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements, particularly reclamation and remediation criteria
• Experience with vegetation and weed identification
• Willingness to travel and be in the field for extended periods of time
• Technical Diploma or University Degree in environmental science or related discipline
• Eligibility to obtain professional designation with an organization such as the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry
• Valid driver’s license
• Good physical health and ability to work outdoors in varying conditions
• Ability to work remotely from a home-based office
• Willingness to work within a team environment
• Highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.