North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is a progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has offered cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. We offer our employees exceptional career development opportunities and an excellent team-oriented working environment.
North Shore is currently seeking a Junior Environmental Consultant for our Phase 1 ESA Team, based out of Sherwood Park, Alberta.
• Completion of file reviews and preparation of a Phase 1 ESA report including:
• Records review and information gathering
• Aerial photograph review and interpretation
• Interviews with landowners, stakeholders, regulatory officials, operations and occupants
• Ensuring that project requirements are met in a timely and effective manner.
• Support other environmental service line projects, as required (i.e., Detailed Site Assessments, Reclamation Certificate Applications)
• Technical Diploma or University Degree in environmental science or related discipline
• Self-motivated and have a willingness to succeed within a team environment
• Must be eligible for professional registration in Alberta
• Understanding and knowledge of the Upstream Oil and Gas regulatory requirements in Alberta
• The ability to make responsible decisions with the support and mentorship of senior staff
• Highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Advanced technical report writing skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Possess good communication skills and be able to speak, read and write English fluently
• Strong time management skills and attention to detail
• Respect and adhere to the requirement of confidentiality and professionalism
• The ability to work independently or in a team setting
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.