Arletta Environmental Consulting Corp. is seeking a qualified intermediate or senior level Hydrogeologist. Job duties will focus on conducting and managing water supply projects but will also allow growth to be developed in other areas of the environmental consulting industry.
This role is suited to motivated enthusiastic individuals with a strong technical background and ability to interact with a wide range of clients and stakeholders. The position will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
The successful candidate will:
• Possess a degree from a recognized university and be a Professional Geologist (P.Geo) in good standing with APEGA
• Have a minimum of 5 years’ hydrogeology experience in western Canada.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
• Strong desire to work in water supply
• Sufficient experience in conducting aquifer evaluation by pumping tests
• Preference will be given to candidates that have groundwater modelling experience
• Can work in both office and field settings; must be willing to travel. (Approximate 80-20 split office-field)
• Comfortable in an outside field setting with some mechanical and problem-solving ability
• Have the ability to interact with a wide variety of clients, suppliers and stakeholders (small business owners, farmers, feedlot operators, well drillers etc).
• Be self-motivated and detail orientated with strong communication, documentation, and technical writing skills.
• Be willing to work flexible hours as required.
• Be willing to work as a team in order to accomplish set goals.
• Create a scope of work and budget, schedule and manage water supply projects for clients.
• Track and manage project costs and timelines.
• Conduct field work related to water supply approvals and monitoring programs.
• Mentor and train junior staff (field & office).
• Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and SOPs
• Stay current on environmental legislation and regulatory updates
• Prepare and sign-off on technical reports and applications for submission to clients and regulating authorities.
• Participate in the ongoing improvement of company policies, procedures and field practices.
Headquartered in Calgary Alberta, Arletta Environmental Consulting Corp. provides environmental management and assessment solutions to oil & gas, commercial and industrial clientele throughout Western Canada. With broad industry knowledge and experience, Arletta provides advanced insight and comprehensive understanding into each client’s unique situation.
Services offered by Arletta include: Environmental management services including program design, liability management, environmental audits, Phase I & Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, characterization and remediation of contaminated sites, groundwater monitoring, spill response, pre-disturbance assessments, decommissioning and reclamation of well sites and facilities, compliance monitoring, risk assessment, water supply investigations for commercial, industrial, agricultural and subdivision projects, soil analysis for wastewater disposal and other aspects of groundwater related to commercial development
Arletta offers a competitive benefits package, allows for work hour flexibility, encourages continuing professional development and provides increasing responsibility, project diversity, and industry training. Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.