SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced intermediate or senior level contaminated site assessment and remediation contract consultant to join the Reclamation, Remediation and Risk Management (RRRM) Division as an Environmental Specialist (Competition #21-03-0401) with a primary focus on Remediation work scopes. This is a full-time position based out of our Calgary or Lloydminster, AB offices. Candidates located in Medicine Hat AB, Swift Current, Kindersley, or Saskatoon, SK may also be considered.
You will carry out your duties in consultation with RRRM Project Managers. The primary duties include but are not limited to:
• Technical oversight and input on a variety of contaminated site assessment, risk management and remediation projects
• Project planning, coordination and management, including supervision of field and office staff as warranted
• Data interpretation, analysis and reporting
• Budget preparation and control
• Maintenance of client relationships
• Regulatory and third-party stakeholder interactions
• Participation in company and client specific health and safety programs
• University degree in environmental engineering, geology or geoscience from a recognized institution
• Five to ten years of consulting or industry experience in environmental site assessment, remediation and risk management
• Professional designation or potential to obtain professional designation from a professional association in Alberta and/or Saskatchewan (e.g. APEGA, APEGS, AIA, SIA, ASPB)
• Proficient with Alberta and Saskatchewan regulations, and guidelines related to contaminated sites
• Familiarity with Tier 2 guideline development for petroleum hydrocarbons and salts
• Ability to complete groundwater assessments with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical and technical writing skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary project team environment
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative and ownership and work independently
• Excellent multitasking and problem-solving skills
• Experience conducting environmental liability assessments in accordance with the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) Liability Management Program is an asset
• Appropriate insurance and WCB coverage, provision of own transportation and general field equipment required for field work
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.