North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is an employee-owned, progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has grown and succeeded throughout western and northern Canada by providing cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. By keeping in line with our core values as well as maintaining focus on both our employee and industry relationships, North Shore will continue to be a leader amongst its peers.
We offer our employees a team-based working environment with flexible working arrangements, attractive compensation and field work incentives, performance-based bonus programs, a comprehensive health benefit package, numerous paid perks, and the opportunity to participate in our Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP). North Shore promotes and encourages its employees to continue their career advancement through continuous education, competency development, and memberships within recognized professional organizations. Therefore, North Shore provides generous support to its employees through paid training and educational programs, reimbursement of annual professional fees, and ensuring regular attendance opportunities at various conferences and industry events.
North Shore is currently seeking an Intermediate Report Reviewer for our Technical Resource Group, working from either of our Calgary, Sherwood Park, Lacombe or Grande Prairie offices.
• Provide final technical review and sign-off of Alberta and Saskatchewan Detailed Site Assessment (DSA) reports, Phase 1 & 2 ESA reports, remediation reports, spill reports, regulatory closure applications, Reclamation Certificate Applications (RCA) and Acknowledgement of Reclamation Applications (AOR)
• Work closely with interdisciplinary groups (Data Management Group, Remediation/Reclamation Group, Operational Compliance Group, Biophysical Group,) to successfully execute client projects and programs and provide recommendations to progress sites towards regulatory closure
• Collaborate with other members of the Technical Resource Group to develop site specific remediation guidelines
• Stay current on the applicable provincial and federal legislation and general trends in the technical field
• Develop and maintain relationships with Alberta and Saskatchewan regulators and other stakeholders
• Familiarity with submitting regulatory variances for approval
• Provide mentorship, guidance, and training to junior staff; support senior staff as required
• 5-10 years of consulting experience related to remediation, reclamation, or environmental science
• Progressive experience with the Alberta Tier 1 and 2 Soil and Groundwater Remediation Guidelines and 2010 Reclamation Criteria for Wellsites and Associated Facilities
• Progressive experience with Directive PNG033 and Saskatchewan Environmental Quality Guidelines
• Good understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements in Alberta and Saskatchewan (BC experience will be considered an asset)
• Technical Diploma or University Degree in environmental science or related discipline
• Sign-off capabilities and a member in good standing with a professional regulatory organization whose scopes of practice include land reclamation (DSAs) and remediation (Phase 1, 2 & 3 ESAs)
• Excellent communication, writing, and problem-solving skills
• Strong time management skills and attention to detail
• Highly organized and can prioritize multiple tasks
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry
• Willingness to work within a team environment
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.