JMH Environmental Ltd. (JMH) is looking to add one or more Intermediate Reclamation/Remediation Environmental Scientists to our team. This position can be home-based.. continue working out of your house if that works well for you!
JMH was founded in 2019, completing projects for our clients primarily in the Upstream Oil and Gas sectors in Western Canada. Remediation, Reclamation, Phase I, II, II, and spill response are just some of our services!
This contract role is being put in place primarily to meet field season project requirements, but we are also looking for full time employees. Primary responsibilities and experience will be focused on reclamation project delivery, including all aspects of remediation and reclamation projects for oil and gas clients, potentially including Phase 1, 2, and 3 ESA’s, completion of DSA’s, wellsite reclamation supervision, reclamation certificate applications, vegetation assessment and monitoring, and other typical oil and gas environmental work, primarily in Alberta. This position will require travel to various locations in Alberta and Saskatchewan. The focus for this position will be to hire contract operators that can supply their own truck and field equipment, including all pertinent insurance and safety supplies and coverage, although full time employee positions will also be considered for the right candidates.
Primary responsibilities for the Reclamation/Remediation Environmental Scientist include:
• Independent execution of site-specific assessment, remediation, and reclamation projects in various regions of western Canada, primarily in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
• Communication with clients, government and stakeholders regarding environmental issues related to oil and gas production.
• Preparation of budgets, cost-tracking, and project status reports.
• Application of current regulatory criteria
• Preparation and review of technical reports for submission to clients and regulatory authorities.
• Unsupervised performance of field assignments as authorized by JMH.
• Implementation of Corporate and Client safety programs
• University or technical degree/diploma in Environmental Science/Land Reclamation, or similar field
• 3+ years’ experience in remediation or reclamation project delivery, including DSA completion in native and improved pasture would be beneficial.
• Demonstrated experience in native or improved pasture vegetation assessments would be a strong asset.
• Demonstrated experience in independent contract consulting or independent project delivery, completing remediation and/or reclamation work in Alberta and/or Saskatchewan.
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Enthusiastic attitude and team mentality
• Own truck and equipment to complete field work
Please send a resume to [email protected] We thank-you for your application and will contact those who are chosen for interview directly.