JOB REFERENCE # CR-21-01
POSITION: Intermediate Reclamation Specialist
LOCATION: Edmonton or Calgary, AB
Established in 2002, Ecoventure Inc. is a leading environmental consulting company focused on providing Canada’s Oil and Gas, commercial and industrial, developers, and government clients with unparalleled service. From pre-disturbance planning and environmental monitoring to decommissioning, remediation, and reclamation, at Ecoventure, we pride ourselves on providing common-sense solutions to complex technical problems. Ecoventure is committed to safety, professional excellence, technical quality, and client satisfaction in everything we do.
This role provides opportunities to assist with the reclamation group’s leadership and involvement with remediation and monitoring projects for oil and gas facilities, landfills, industrial land and defence sites. Technical, organizational, and leadership skills are a key consideration for this position. The project work is centred mainly in Alberta, and the position will require some travel to remote work sites.
The selected candidate will be instrumental in executing Ecoventure’s project delivery system to achieve the following project delivery strategic objectives: health and safety, client expectations for quality, schedule and budget; financial performance for project-specific targets, operational performance, and business unit expectations; and quality.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support in the following area:
o Manage and execute Conservation and Reclamation, and Land Classification projects, including:
preparation of reclamation plans and cost estimates,
soil classification and mapping,
reclamation site inspections,
major and mirror reclamation projects involving heavy equipment, and
aggressive vegetation and re-vegetation management programs
o Complete and provide professional sign-off on Detailed Site Assessments (DSA) (soils & vegetation) and DSA Record of Observation (RoO);
o Complete and conduct Pre-Disturbance Assessments and Soil Surveys;
o Prepare Reclamation Certificate Applications, Acknowledgement of Reclamation and Certificate of Restoration packages;
o Assist in Biological, Waterbody, Natural Site Assessments, Environmental Field Reports, Natural Area Management Plans, and
Environmental Impact Assessments, as required;
o Assist on Assessment and Remediation Projects as required; and,
o Mentor junior staff.
• Project Coordination
o Resource management and project staff allocation;
o Project budget, logistics, and schedule management and reporting
o Proposal preparation and cost estimating
o Assist in business development
o Uphold Ecoventure’s Quality Management System
o Uphold Ecoventure’s strong commitment to the Health and Safety Program, representing Ecoventure in conferences and industry seminars, and liaising with all stakeholders’ levels.
This position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work with a diverse and experienced team. The role offers involvement in all aspects of projects from start to finish.
The successful candidate should possess the following competencies and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree specializing in soil science, natural resources management or environmental sciences appropriate to the work description. A Master’s degree is considered an asset; however, it is not a pre-requisite for the position.
• Currently holds a professional designation as P.Ag, P.Biol. or R.T.Ag.
• Must be eligible for registration with AIA or ASPB
• 5+ years of practical experience in the execution of reclamation in the oil and gas industry in Canada.
• Must have proficiency in soil classification, soil mapping, and soil monitoring/handling during construction operations.
• Strong vegetation identification skills and understanding of vegetation establishment, control methods and prescription/implementation.
• Willing to participate in extensive fieldwork programs throughout the summer, including weekends and holidays.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and conflict management skills and assists in coordinating, analyzing, and synthesizing information to develop innovative solutions to problems, working with people and advising others.
• Strong understanding of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and GIS Software.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong critical thinking skills
• H2S, First Aid and CPR, WHMIS, Ground Disturbance Level II, ATV Training, and a clean driving record are required for this position.
• Completed Project Management courses.
• A positive attitude with proven ability to work with project teams.
• Knowledge of plant taxonomy and plant structure/anatomy, including vascular plant identification (specifically and mainly weeds)
• Skill and practice with Post-Construction Reclamation Assessments would be advantageous; however, not required.
We value people, ethics, integrity and honesty, professionalism, innovation, quality, technical excellence, teamwork, recognition of individual contributions, sustainability, and a satisfying and fun workplace.
We are committed to employment equality and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. Interested and qualified applicants should submit a Cover Letter, Resume and References to the contact below. Please ensure all applications are concise and highlight qualifications as related to the responsibilities above. Please quote the job reference number above in all communication.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration in providing your resume to Ecoventure; however, only the prospective candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The application deadline for consideration is March 15, 2021