NorthWind Land Resources Inc. is an environmental consulting firm based in Edmonton and Peace River, Alberta. The firm was established in 1999 and has acquired a solid reputation for providing clients with soils expertise in the fields of reclamation, remediation and agriculture. Our vision is to be an industry leader in environmental services. A dynamic, results oriented company that delivers outstanding value to our clients while maintaining the highest levels of integrity. Offering a great place to work, NorthWind has a team of motivated employees who are highly trained and knowledgeable.
– 5-10 years of reclamation and remediation experience.
– Experience communicating with landowners.
– Expert knowledge of Alberta Environmental Reclamation & Remediation Criteria and Guidelines.
– A demonstratable understanding of relevant provincial and federal legislation.
– Experience in project management in upstream oil and gas projects is an asset.
– Experience in training junior employees.
– Proficient at software for word processing and data management.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent organizational abilities.
– Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
– Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines within a team environment.
– Available to travel.
– Degree or Diploma in Environmental, Natural or Soil Sciences.
– Valid Alberta driver’s license.
– Professional status or eligibility for professional status with APEGA, AIA, or ASPB.
The successful candidate(s) will primarily be field-based, with the following responsibilities:
– Supervision of reclamation and remediation activities.
– Supervision and training of junior staff.
– Conduct on-site evaluations and analysis of environmental conditions, including soil, vegetation, and site contouring characteristics.
– Assess reclamation success on various reclaimed oil and gas well sites throughout northwestern Alberta.
– Liaise with clients, regulatory bodies and landowners.
– Liaise with laboratories and contractors.
– Data analysis and interpretation.
– Project and client management.
– Preparation of work plans, proposals, budgets, reports, technical memos, and letters.
Our team consists of experienced consultants and technicians with varied educational backgrounds and expertise. Our small company feel allows for professional improvement and varied opportunities. NorthWind values a safe work environment, valued employees, client satisfaction and environmental stewardship.