JMH Environmental Ltd. (JMH) is looking to add one or more Intermediate Reclamation/Environmental Scientists (Contract) to our team. There is a possibility this could lead to or be set up as a full-time position for the right candidate. JMH was founded in 2019, completing projects for our clients primarily in the Upstream Oil and Gas sectors in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Remediation, Reclamation, Phase I, II, II, and spill response are just some of our services!
This contract role is being put in place to meet field season project requirements and is on a contract basis. Primary responsibilities will be focused on reclamation project delivery, including all aspects of reclamation projects for oil and gas clients, potentially including Phase 1 ESA’s, completion of DSA’s, wellsite reclamation supervision, and potentially reclamation certificate applications, primarily in Alberta. This position will require travel to various locations in Alberta. Although there is flexibility to allow for a full-time employee role, the focus for this position will be to hire contract operators that can supply their own truck and field equipment, including all pertinent insurance and safety supplies and coverage.
Primary responsibilities for the Contract Reclamation Environmental Scientist include:
• Independent development and execution of site-specific assessment, remediation, and reclamation projects in various regions of western Canada, with a focus on native and improved pasture lands.
• Communication with clients, government and stakeholders regarding environmental issues related to oil and gas production.
• Preparation of budgets, cost-tracking, and project status reports.
• Application of current regulatory criteria
• Preparation and review of technical reports, including reclamation certificate applications for submission to clients and regulatory authorities.
• Unsupervised performance of field assignments as authorized by JMH.
• Implementation of Corporate and Client safety programs
• University or technical degree/diploma in Environmental Science/Land Reclamation, or similar field
• 3+ years’ experience in reclamation project delivery, including DSA completion in native and improved pasture.
• Demonstrated experience in native or improved pasture vegetation assessments would be a strong asset.
• Demonstrated experience in independent contract consulting or independent project delivery, completing remediation and/or reclamation work in Alberta and/or Saskatchewan.
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Enthusiastic attitude and team mentality
• Own truck and equipment to complete field work