North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is an employee owned, progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has grown and succeeded throughout western and northern Canada by providing cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. By keeping in line with our core values as well as maintaining focus on both our employee and industry relationships, North Shore will continue to be a leader amongst its peers.
We offer our employees a team-based working environment with flexible working arrangements, attractive compensation and field work incentives, performance based bonus programs, a comprehensive health benefit package, numerous paid perks, and the opportunity to participate in our Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP). North Shore promotes and encourages its employees to continue their career advancement through continuous education, competency development, and memberships within recognized professional organizations. Therefore, North Shore provides generous support to its employees through paid training and educational programs, reimbursement of annual professional fees, and ensuring regular attendance opportunities at various conferences and industry events.
North Shore is currently seeking a full-time Intermediate Hydrogeologist working from either of our Calgary, Sherwood Park, Grande Prairie or Lacombe offices.
• Conduct site investigations including, groundwater monitoring and hydraulic conductivity and pump testing and other hydrogeological assessments
• Support groundwater remediation projects.
• Familiarity with Alberta Tier 1 Soil and Groundwater Remediation Guidelines along with Tier 2 guideline modification and pathway exclusion and site specific risk assessments
• Design and manage operational groundwater monitoring programs and report preparation
• Support complex groundwater assessment reporting including groundwater flow interpretation, hydraulic conductivity assessments, preparation of geological cross sections and conceptual site models
• Compilation and interpretation of field and published data, interpretation of laboratory results and report writing
• Advise clients regarding strategy and approach for project work and delivery of technical documents
• Willingness to travel and participate in field work, primarily within western Canada and the ability to adapt to unpredictable and/or inclement field conditions and changing schedules
• Full Alberta Energy Regulator sign-off authority on project deliverables
• Provide support and guidance to interdisciplinary groups (Remediation/Reclamation Group, Operational Compliance Group, Biophysical Group, Air & Regulatory) on project execution and solution evaluation
• Ensure that project requirements are met in a timely and effective manner
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients, regulators and other stakeholders
• Provide mentorship, guidance and training to junior staff
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Hydrogeology or related field of study
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist in the Province of Alberta (or equivalent)
• At least five years’ experience in hydrogeology with direct experience in Alberta
• At least five years of field experience in the upstream oil and gas industry
• Inherent knowledge regarding processes and components of hydrogeology
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry
• Experience in Aqtesolv/Aquifer Test software will be an asset
• Willingness to work within a team environment
• Excellent communication, technical writing, and problem solving skills
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.