Evotek Consulting Inc. (Evotek) was founded in 2019 and specializes in soil and groundwater assessment, hydrology, risk assessments, remediation and reclamation in the oil and gas industry. Evotek was conceptualized as an alternative to the status quo, utilizing experienced and well-trained field personnel. We have implemented a strong training and mentorship program within the company to develop and grow personnel by passing along knowledge and skills based on our experience and connections.
We are seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Environmental Specialist to join our group. You will perform your duties under the mentorship of Senior Project Managers.
• Conducting Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs)
• Planning and conducting Phase 2 ESAs
• Conducting groundwater monitoring programs
• Implementing remediation systems
• Interpreting analytical data and authoring technical reports
• Technical oversight on a variety of reclamation projects including earthworks, planting, vegetation management, Detailed Site Assessments, and Reclamation Certificate Applications.
• Regulatory and third-party stakeholder interactions
• Participation in company and client specific health and safety programs
• University degree or diploma from a recognized institution with a specialty in environmental science, environmental engineering, soil science, agrology, conservation and reclamation, biology, geoscience, or another relevant environmental program
• Professional designation or potential to obtain designation from a professional association in Alberta and British Columbia (APEGA, EGBC, AIA, BCIA, ASPB, CAB)
• A minimum of five years experience is required
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, technical writing skills and the ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
• Excellent multi-tasking and critical thinking skills
• Exceptional accuracy and diligence
• Ability to take initiative, ownership, and work independently
• Familiarity with Alberta Remediation and Reclamation guidelines is an asset
• Familiarity with British Columbia Contaminated Sites Regulation and Restoration guidelines is an asset