Arletta Environmental Consulting Corp. is seeking qualified intermediate environmental professional for our Calgary office. Job duties will focus on managing remediation and reclamation projects but will also allow for experience and growth to be developed in other areas of the environmental consulting industry. This role is suited to motivated enthusiastic individuals with a strong technical background. Positions will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
The successful candidate will:
-Possess a degree from a recognized university and be a member in good standing of one of the six professional regulatory organizations able to sign-off on land remediation and reclamation work on upstream oil and gas sites in Alberta. Preferred consideration will be given to applicants with a Bachelor or advanced degree in Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Science, Land Reclamation, Agronomy or other related fields of study.
– Have 5+ years’ experience in reclamation and remediation on both Private & Public Lands in Western Canada.
– Have working knowledge of the Oil & Gas Regulatory and Reclamation Process as it pertains to Preconstruction Site Assessments, Mitigation Plans, Phase I & II programs and Reclamation Certificate Applications.
– Be competent with the field level management of remediation, reclamation & spill response.
– Be proficient with vegetation identification and soil classification.
– Sufficient experience and competency to plan and budget for remediation and reclamation projects as well as write, review and sign-off on technical reports relating to this work.
– Be self-motivated and detail orientated with strong communication, documentation and technical writing skills.
– Have the ability to work in both office and field settings; must be willing to travel.
– Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
– Be willing to work flexible hours as required.
– Be willing to work as a team in order to accomplish set goals.
– Include in their cover letter a brief discussion of prior Phase 1 & Phase 2 (or Stage 1 & 2) experience, how many, and to what capacity were you involved? (Field, reporting, etc.)
-Conduct field work related to client monitoring, remediation, and reclamation programs.
-Mentor and train junior staff (field & office).
-Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and SOPs.
-Stay current on environmental legislation and regulatory updates.
-Prepare and sign-off on technical reports and reclamation applications for submission to clients and regulating authorities.
-Participate in the ongoing improvement of company policies, procedures and field practices.
Arletta Environmental Consulting Corp. provides environmental management and assessment solutions to oil & gas, commercial and industrial clientele throughout Western Canada. With broad industry knowledge and experience, Arletta provides advanced insight and comprehensive understanding into each client’s unique situation.
Services offered by Arletta include: Environmental management services including program design, liability management, environmental audits, Phase I & Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, characterization and remediation of contaminated sites, groundwater monitoring, spill response, pre-disturbance assessments, decommissioning and reclamation of well sites and facilities, compliance monitoring, risk assessment, and training.
Arletta offers a competitive benefits package, allows for work hour flexibility, encourages continuing professional development and provides increasing responsibility, project diversity, and industry training.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.