At Matrix Solutions we collaborate across services, disciplines, and geographies to deliver responsive, locally connected, and scalable solutions customized to our clients’ projects and environmental challenges. Our integrated approach is supported by talented professionals and a project management model that encourages synergies, promotes service excellence, and provides cost and time savings.
WHO WE ARE
A Canadian owned environmental and engineering consulting company, with employees strategically located across the country from British Columbia to Ontario.
Our people fuel a solutions powerhouse, tailoring our work for clients and projects where environmental stewardship matters and where we can make a difference.
To be a company where our people and clients can’t imagine working with anyone else.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Our team is made up of diverse people working collaboratively towards common goals. We value the contributions and perspectives of all employees and are committed to equity and diversity initiatives to create a feeling of belonging for all of our people. When we are inclusive and diverse in a way that reflects the broader world we serve, we are able to draw from a wider community of excellence within the regions we operate.
WHAT WE DO
We partner with clients and communities to solve challenges. It’s our job to power progress and shape a better future where our clients, people, communities, and environment thrive.
Are you looking to…
• Be part of interesting and sometimes challenging projects, solving simple to complex environmental challenges
• Expand your skillset to support existing or to attract new opportunities
• Work in a collaborative office where you can focus on progressing your field and Project Management skills
• Grow your technical skills by interacting with your local team and a bigger community of technical experts
• Join a well-respected, employee-owned environmental consulting company
As an Intermediate Environmental Scientist/Technologist you will join our Grande Prairie, Alberta office as part of our Assessment, Remediation, Reclamation and Monitoring (ARRM) team. The successful applicant will be involved in a broad range of projects with responsibilities as follows:
• Actively participate and drive Matrix’s strong safety culture
• Lead or support simple to moderately complex site assessment, remediation and monitoring projects
• Coordinate and execute spill response projects through their full life cycle
• Use independent and sound technical judgement in the field (e.g. sample selection, monitoring well completion depths, trouble shooting)
• Ensure internal communication and collaboration to facilitate delivery of high-quality products to meet our clients’ unique project needs
• Manage project timelines, budgets, and communication with clients and project related stakeholders
• Prepare technical correspondence, proposals, work plans, cost estimates, and reports
• Function effectively within and contribute to the success of a collaborative team
• Proactively engage and participate in development opportunities and your career growth
What Are We Looking For:
• Technical diploma or degree in environmental science or a related field
• A minimum of three (3) years’ previous consulting experience in site assessment, reclamation, remediation and monitoring projects in Alberta or British Columbia
• Eligibility for registration in or a member in good standing of a professional organization (e.g. AIA, ASET, APEGA)
• Familiarity with preparing technical reports, work plans and cost estimates
• Experience with borehole logging, sample collection, field screening, and sample selection
• Strong data evaluation skills and ability to make decisions based on findings
• Self-motivated and possess strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Willingness to provide technical direction and mentorship to more junior professionals
• A valid and clean class 5 driver’s license with no restrictions
• Understanding of how to use field equipment including Global Positioning Systems, water and soil field screening equipment and an aptitude for learning new digital data collection applications
• Previous experience operating ½ and ¾ ton pickup trucks on resource roads in remote locations. Preference for those who have experience operating off highway vehicles including quads, snowmobiles, and Argos
Why Choose Matrix
At Matrix you will be part of an amazing community of collaborative people who live our values and bring industry-leading technical expertise to their work every day. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes RRSP matching, vacation + flex time, profit sharing, and opportunities to become a shareholder. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, and cross-training opportunities.