Intermediate Environmental Professional – Assessment and Reclamation Group
Are you looking for a new opportunity to build a meaningful career in the environmental field? Do you want to work with a dynamic team of professionals striving to make a difference in all they do? Do you want to participate in Western Canada’s most exciting environmental projects? Do you want to do what you love in some of the most beautiful parts of the country? If so, look no further.
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (Triton) is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join a well-established team of environmental professionals based out of our Edmonton office location to fill the position of Intermediate Environmental Professional, as part of the Assessment and Reclamation team.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with over 30 years of experience responding to environmental needs across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. What does that mean for you? We have deep roots in our communities, and strong relationships with clients and regulators. We control our own destiny and promote a safety-conscious, people-first culture.
Triton is known for applying technical expertise and pragmatism to the challenges our clients task us with. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in environmental assessment, soil science, aquatic and terrestrial biology, vegetation ecology, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management. We apply this wide range of expertise in providing practical environmental solutions to our clients.
Triton is growing and looking for the next generation of professionals to bolster our team. Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We also offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading soil and groundwater assessment field programs, mentoring junior staff, and providing technical support to project managers in the Assessment and Reclamation service line (who are based throughout Triton’s operating area). Responsibilities include the following:
• Leading phased environmental site assessment, remediation, and reclamation field programs (expect up to 60% of time to be field-based and sometimes in remote locations)
• Contributing expertise to multi-disciplinary projects
• Assisting in writing high-quality reports, cost estimates, and proposals
• Liaising with clients, regulators, contractors, and sub-contractors
• Leading field teams to ensure the quality, cost, and timeliness of deliverables
• Providing mentorship and training for our junior environmental professionals
• Ensuring clients’ and Triton’s safety standards are maintained or exceeded
• Working collaboratively within Triton’s corporate culture
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Skills and qualifications include:
• Undergraduate degree (B.Sc.) in soil science, environmental science, earth sciences, or related field
• Registered or eligible for future registration with the AB Institute of Agrologists (AIA), Alberta Society of Professional Biologists (ASPB), or another relevant professional organization in Alberta or British Columbia
• A minimum of three years of relevant experience in the environmental industry
• Knowledge and experience with soil classification and mapping using the Canadian System of Soil Classification
• Experience with Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessments, soil sampling programs, groundwater monitoring programs, remediation, and reclamation
• Experience with Alberta Provincial regulatory guidelines
• Experience with regulatory guidelines in other jurisdictions (e.g., Federal, British Columbia, and/or Saskatchewan) is an asset
• Excellent verbal communications skills
• Detail-oriented with solid organizational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
• Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are ready to deliver within a diverse and thriving team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: February 16, 2024
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.