GCL Environmental Ltd. – Alberta
There is a FIRE within us to reclaim the past while developing our communities.
GCL Environmental Ltd. (GCL) is a highly adaptable, dynamic and innovative company delivering custom fit solutions for our clients. The foundation of GCL is built on the values of hard work, integrity and respect. Our value statement – “There is a FIRE within us to reclaim the past while developing our communities” – is focused on the merits of Flexibility, Innovation, Resiliency, and Entrepreneurship. We are passionate about cultivating our team and take pride in quality service, producing high-impact environmental solutions and fostering long-term business relationships.
Our activities generate value by providing stewardship of the environment, rebuilding natural ecosystems, contributing to the sustainability of farmland, building relationships with Indigenous people and businesses to support career growth within their communities, and integrating new business development and technology to support our growing business.
You have an opportunity to join a progressive and results driven company, and be a part of our collaborative and energetic team. You’ll have the gratification of knowing your contribution will have long lasting effects on our communities.
Intermediate Environmental Consultant
The Environmental Consultant will be accountable for:
• Understanding and actively participating in GCL’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
• Completing field work and managing Phase II Environmental Site Assessments. Tasks would include field planning / execution to technical analysis and reporting
• Developing / completing groundwater assessments / monitoring programs. Tasks would include field planning / execution to technical analysis and reporting
• Developing technical knowledge / skills in risk assessment / management options for contaminated sites. This role would require extensive technical development in understanding and implementing Tier 2 / 3 options.
• Preparing technical correspondence, reports, work plans, and project specifications
• Performing interpretation of field data to provide cost-effective solutions to satisfy our clients’ requirements
• Supporting the program leads in tracking of project status and cost control for clients
• Field work in remote locations and in all types of weather conditions
• Meeting deadlines which may involve a commitment to extended hours
To be successful in this role, preference is given to those who:
• are results driven with a strong client focus
• are self-directed with strong time management skills
• possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• work effectively as part of a collaborative team
• take the initiative to improve their role and the organization
• offer an excellent working knowledge of Alberta’s regulatory framework
• have a valid and clean driver’s license with no restrictions
• maintain all applicable field safety related tickets
• offer over 3 years of experience managing and performing site assessments and reclamation projects
• hold a degree in environmental science, soil science, geology, hydrogeology or engineering with a professional organization (e.g. APEGGA or AIA)
• effectively work from a home office
We recognize the importance of work life balance and that your time, energy and resources are invaluable. Since the inception of GCL, we implemented a virtual working environment leveraging modern technology to empower our team to work in a flexible, comfortable and cohesive manner, all while doing our part to reduce our environmental footprint.
If you want to be a part of our team, don’t hesitate, please submit your resume to [email protected] quoting “Intermediate Environmental Consultant” in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest. Due to the large volume of candidates we receive, only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.