North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is an employee-owned, progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has grown and succeeded throughout western and northern Canada by providing cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. By keeping in line with our core values as well as maintaining focus on both our employee and industry relationships, North Shore will continue to be a leader amongst its peers.
We offer our employees a team-based working environment with flexible working arrangements, attractive compensation and field work incentives, performance based bonus programs, a comprehensive health benefit package, numerous paid perks, and the opportunity to participate in our Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP). North Shore promotes and encourages its employees to continue their career advancement through continuous education, competency development, and memberships within recognized professional organizations. Therefore, North Shore provides generous support to its employees through paid training and educational programs, reimbursement of annual professional fees, and ensuring regular attendance opportunities at various conferences and industry events.
North Shore is currently seeking an Intermediate Environmental Consultant for our Reclamation and Remediation Team, based out of Regina, Saskatchewan.
• Developing and implementing reclamation and remediation plans on abandoned upstream oil and gas wellsites within western Canada
• Overseeing the completion of remediation and reclamation projects. Coordinating and supervising heavy equipment and other third party contractors as required within western Canada
• Assisting with the oversight of client budgets, tracking project statuses, and making recommendations to progress sites towards regulatory closure
• Coordinate and execute Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) site visits, vegetation assessments, Phase 2 ESA’s, and Detailed Site Assessments (DSA’s)
• Collaborate with members of the Technical Resource Group to develop site specific remediation guidelines
• Complete vegetation assessments and weed management activities in industrial, forested, native prairie, pasture and cropland settings
• Work closely with interdisciplinary groups (Technical Resource Group, Data Management Group, Spill Group, Biophysical Group, and Vegetation Group) to successfully execute client projects and programs
• Compiling various technical documents including DSA reports, Phase 2 ESA reports, remediation reports, and regulatory closure applications
• Provide support to senior staff as required
• 3 – 5 years of consulting experience related to remediation, reclamation, or environmental science
• Proficient at completing DSA’s
• Good understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements in Saskatchewan as well as British Columbia and Alberta will be considered an asset
• Knowledge and experience working with various types of farming and heavy equipment
• Good vegetation and weed identification skills in both pasture, native prairie, and cultivated landscapes
• A valid pesticide applicator certificate within Saskatchewan would be considered an asset
• Willingness to travel and be in the field as dictated by project requirements
• Technical Diploma or University Degree in environmental science or related discipline
• Eligibility to obtain professional designation with an organization such as the Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists
• Excellent communication, writing, and problem solving skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry
• Valid driver’s license
• Good physical health and ability to work outdoors in varying conditions
• Willingness to work within a team environment
• Highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Preference will be given to candidates with three to five years of directly related experience in the upstream oil and gas industry and who are eligible to obtain a professional designation. Previous experience with managing various assessment, reclamation, and remediation projects will also be considered an asset. Compensation will be based upon candidate experience.
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.