At Matrix Solutions we collaborate across services, disciplines, and geographies to deliver responsive, locally connected, and scalable solutions customized to our clients’ projects and environmental challenges. Our integrated approach is supported by talented professionals and a project management model that encourages synergies, promotes service excellence, and provides cost and time savings.
WHO WE ARE
A Canadian owned environmental and engineering consulting company, with employees strategically located across the country from British Columbia to Ontario.
Our people fuel a solutions powerhouse, tailoring our work for clients and projects where environmental stewardship matters and where we can make a difference.
To be a company where our people and clients can’t imagine working with anyone else.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Our team is made up of diverse people working collaboratively towards common goals. We value the contributions and perspectives of all employees and are committed to equity and diversity initiatives to create a feeling of belonging for all of our people. When we are inclusive and diverse in a way that reflects the broader world we serve, we are able to draw from a wider community of excellence within the regions we operate.
WHAT WE DO
We partner with clients and communities to solve challenges. It’s our job to power progress and shape a better future where our clients, people, communities, and environment thrive.
Are you looking to…
• Lead simple to complex contaminated site investigations (from the field and the office), including drilling assessments, groundwater monitoring, remediation activities, and spill response
• Manage projects, including field coordination and planning, budget management, and scope development
• Act as a leader in the workplace using Matrix Standard Operating Safety and Technical Procedures
• Supervise, train, and mentor junior environmental staff on routine assessment, reclamation, remediation, and monitoring projects
• Develop technical skills by working closely with technical leaders at Matrix on relevant projects, coaching and mentoring, and through planned formal learning opportunities
• Communicate and liaise with clients and project-related stakeholders
• Have autonomy and the opportunity to interact and work with a community of technical experts from other Matrix regions
• Partner with extensive, long-standing clients such as municipal governments, conservation authorities, academia, and private industry.
• Join a well-respected environmental consulting company where the majority of employees are also shareholders.
As an Environmental Scientist/Technologist, you will join our Edmonton, Alberta office as part of our Assessment, Remediation, Reclamation and Monitoring (ARRM) team. The successful applicant will be involved in a broad range of project with responsibilities as follows:
• Actively participate in maintaining Matrix’s strong safety culture
• Complete pre-field planning for projects (e.g., safety planning, contractor coordination, client or landowner communication) following Matrix standards
• Review field data and provide initial interpretations to make field-related decisions
• Work with senior technical accountables to ensure delivery of high quality products that meet our clients’ unique project needs
• Learn from and assist senior technical accountables in the development of methods, techniques, documents, and tools
• Manage project-related timelines and budgets
• Complete moderate to complex reports, e.g., Phase 2 ESA reports, remediation reports, groundwater monitoring reports and risk management plans
• Prepare technical correspondence, proposals, work plans, and cost estimates
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals across Matrix, including engineers, hydrologists, hydrogeologists, ecologists, and remediation/reclamation specialists
What We Are Looking For
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing assessment, remediation, and monitoring projects for Oil and Gas clients, preferably within a consulting environment, including a minimum of 1-year direct field experience
• A degree or technical diploma in environmental science, geology, agriculture, hydrogeology or engineering
• Eligibility for registration in, or maintaining a good standing in, a professional organization
• Previous project management experience would be considered an asset
• Ability to provide technical guidance and training to junior environmental staff with respect to routine environmental assessment work (e.g., groundwater monitoring)
• Strong written communication skills and previous experience writing technical reports
• A valid and clean driver’s license with no restrictions.
Why Choose Matrix
At Matrix you will be part of an amazing community of collaborative people who live our values and bring industry-leading technical expertise to their work every day. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes RRSP matching, vacation + flex time, profit sharing, and opportunities to become a shareholder. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, and cross-training opportunities.