Arletta Environmental Consulting Corp. is seeking an intermediate to senior environmental scientist. The candidate’s duties will focus on various tasks related to the environmental management of our oil & gas clients, with a focus on field program planning and execution, client and stakeholder engagement and technical report preparation while also conducting a key role in the mentorship, training and oversight of our field leads and jr scientists.
The position will allow for experience and growth to be developed in a variety of areas in the environmental consulting industry. This role is suited to motivated enthusiastic individuals who seek new challenges and experiences. This position will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
The successful candidate will:
• Possess a degree from a recognized university with academic qualifications with eligibility for professional registration in Alberta. Preferred consideration will be given to applicants with a Bachelor or advanced degree in Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Science or other related fields of study.
• Have 5+ years of relevant experience field and/or office related within Western Canada.
• Have working knowledge of the oil & gas regulatory & reclamation process as it pertains to environmental site assessment and remediation programs, and reclamation certificate applications.
• Have sufficient experience and competency to plan and budget for remediation and/or reclamation projects as well as write, review and sign-off on technical reports relating to this work.
• Be eligible for a professional designation from any organization listed in the AER requirements for “Professional Sign Off for Upstream Oil and Gas Reclamation Certificate Work”.
• Be self-motivated and detail orientated, with excellent communication, documentation and technical report writing skills.
• Be willing to learn, participate and play a key role in other aspects of the environmental consulting field as required.
• Be willing to work as a team in order to accomplish set goals.
• Project manage remediation and/or reclamation programs for upstream oil & gas clients.
• Prepare technical reports (i.e. Phase I & Phase II reports, Remediation Progress Reports & Memo’s) and reclamation applications for submission to clients and regulating authorities.
• Occasional field work/trips may be required, although this is not a field-based role.
• Review and sign off on technical reports, as competency allows.
• Stay current on environmental legislation and regulatory updates.
• Participate in assessing and ongoing improvement of company policies, procedures and field practices.
• Train and mentor junior staff.
• Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and SOPs
Additional Information: Arletta Environmental Consulting Corp. is a environmental management firm that provides assessment solutions to oil & gas, commercial, industrial, public and private sector clientele throughout Western Canada. With broad industry knowledge and experience our leadership team has a history of successful client relationships in the consulting field. Arletta provides advanced insight and comprehensive understanding into each client’s unique situation.
Services offered by Arletta include: Environmental management services including program design, liability management, environmental audits, Phase I & Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, characterization and remediation of contaminated sites, groundwater monitoring, spill response, pre-disturbance assessments, decommissioning and reclamation of well sites and facilities, compliance monitoring, risk assessment, and training.
Arletta offers a competitive benefits package, encourages continuing professional development and provides increasing responsibility, project diversity, and industry training. Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.