Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd. (Nichols) is a full-service geo-environmental consulting and remediation firm that provides environmental and engineering solutions to a wide range of industrial, government and public sector clients. Nichols continues to expand our operations throughout western Canada and requires qualified individuals to join our team.
A winning attitude as well as a flexible approach and diversity of experience will provide you with an excellent opportunity to expand your career at Nichols. We also provide our employees with the flexibility to work from home while still being supported by an experienced team.
Our Regina office requires individuals on a full-time (40 hours per week) permanent basis to work with our current professional and administrative staff. The successful candidates should have the following:
• B.Sc. or Diploma in Environmental Science (various disciplines);
• Open to all years of related experience;
• Able to work independently and meet critical deadlines;
• Experience in Phase I and II ESA investigations, remedial excavation, and groundwater monitoring considered an asset;
• Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal;
• Able to write technical reports effectively and efficiently;
• Flexible to travel throughout British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan, and to be out of town for a week at a time; and
• Willing to work in the field (throughout the year).
• Complete the setup, scheduling and execution of environmental project work including but not limited to Phase I/II ESAs, remediation and spill response;
• Provide field and logistical support for spill response assignments;
• Provide data review and interpretation and be involved in technical reporting;
• Communicate with fellow workers and project managers;
• Liaise with third-party contractors including but not limited to laboratory service providers and regulatory agencies; and
• Provide continued client service and promote business development.
Safety training such as First Aid, CPR, WHMIS, TDG, Ground Disturbance and H2S Alive would also be an asset. Along with offering the ability to work remotely and a competitive compensation and benefits package, Nichols offers a first-class and engaging corporate culture.
We will challenge your technical capabilities and allow you diverse experience opportunities as one of our team members. There is significant growth potential within the company for the right individual. We encourage all candidates to browse our website at www.nichols.ca.