Title: Assistant Project Manager, Archaeology
Location: Fort St. John or Grande Prairie, or a centrally located hub in British Columbia or Alberta
Direct Report: Archaeology Manager (Fort St John)
Operating across Western Canada, H3M Environmental provides field and permitting services that balance costs and risks to meet regulatory requirements, while bridging the gap between environmental stewardship and project development. H3M is seeking a motivated Assistant Project Manager to join our team to assist in office-based archaeological research and artifact cataloguing, field program logistics planning and report writing. While completion of post-secondary education is not required, H3M is seeking individuals working towards a technical diploma or bachelor’s degree in an archaeological or environmental discipline with a keen interest in professional growth. Education and/or experience in biology, environmental science, archaeology, anthropology, geography, earth science, or soil/reclamation science) would be considered an asset.
Role and Responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
– Provide support to Project Managers with archaeology field program planning, logistics and
– Track HCA permit obligations and compliance
– Perform background research and analysis, including engagement with government agencies
– Submit Borden number requests to the Archaeology Branch
– Assist in test pit content screening and artifact cataloguing
– Assist in repository submissions
– Assist in the review of RAAD reports and preparation of Site Forms, reports and alteration
– Assist in project control of scope, schedule, cost and client reporting
– Support client liaison, invoicing, and accounts receivable activities
– Participate in H3M’s Health & Safety Program
– Assist Intermediate and Senior Environmental Professionals and Project Managers, as required
– H2S and First Aid certification required
– Minimum of Class 7 Driver’s License
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team please apply today!
H3M values and promotes the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.