Title: Archaeology Permit Holder
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
Direct Report: Archaeology Project Manager
H3M Environmental Ltd. is seeking a motivated Archaeology Permit Holder to join our team and assist in our continued growth and diversification. The successful candidate will champion and promote H3M’s initiatives while designing, managing and completing various archaeological assessments and associated reporting in accordance with the needs of our diverse range of clientele.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Assist with proposals including scopes of work and cost estimates for archaeological projects or projects with an archaeological component
Assist with building and maintaining positive client relationships, focusing on providing top-quality service in regulatory expertise and following through on new business opportunities
Train and mentor junior and intermediate staff, while demonstrating a commitment to team building
Design and implement field programs
Complete reports, documents, proposals as well as provide senior review of technical reports for content and accuracy
Maintain an understanding of applicable heritage regulations, guidelines and associated industry practices within BC
– Displays leadership and strong independence in scheduling, prioritization and completion of work tasks
– Regarded as a technical expert and exhibits excellence in project management
– Assist with new client acquisition, client satisfaction, and client retention
– Knowledge of the forestry and oil and gas industry
– Attention to detail and ability to produce professional deliverables on time and on budget
– Experience with technical review of consulting reports
– Ability to coordinate project planning, logistics, and preparation for field work
– Ability to make complex decisions with consideration of appropriate inputs
– Verbal and written communication skills, technical report writing skills, and project management
(PMP designation would be an asset)
– Assist with site form and artifact analysis and cataloguing
– Graduate of a recognized Post-Secondary institution or college in the field of Archaeology or
– Relevant archaeological experience in northeastern BC
– Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPCA) or equivalent, or eligible for registration
– HCA Permit Holder, or eligibility to hold HCA permits
– 5+ years of archaeological consulting and business development experience
– Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office, Collector ARC GIS, Survey 123
– Current Safety Tickets
Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
– Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residency
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team please apply today!
H3M values and promotes the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.