Title: Archaeology Field Director
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Direct Report: Archaeology Project Manager
Operating across Western Canada, H3M Environmental Ltd. provides field and permitting services that balance costs and risks to meet regulatory requirements, while bridging the gap between environmental stewardship and project development.
H3M Environmental Ltd. is seeking a motivated Archaeology Field Director for the Sub Arctic Boreal Forest to join our team and assist in our continued growth and diversification. The successful candidate will champion and promote H3M’s initiatives while supporting and managing various archaeological assessments and associated reporting in accordance with the needs of our diverse range of clientele.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
-Assist with building and maintaining positive client relationships, focusing on providing top-
quality service in regulatory expertise and following through on new business opportunities
– Train and mentor junior and intermediate staff and demonstrate a commitment to team building
– Assist with completion of reports, documents, and proposals
– Maintain an understanding of applicable HCA regulations, guidelines, and associated industry
practices within BC
– Displays leadership and strong independence in scheduling, prioritization, and completion of
– Experience in supervising small crews
Knowledge of the forestry and oil and gas industry
– Attention to detail and ability to produce professional deliverables on time and on budget
– Ability to coordinate project planning, logistics, and preparation for field work
– Ability to make complex decisions with consideration of appropriate inputs
– Verbal and written communication skills, technical report writing skills
-Graduate of a recognized Post-Secondary institution or college in the field of Archaeology or
-2+ Relevant archaeological experience in Alberta
– Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office, Collector ARC GIS and Excel
– Current Safety Tickets (H2S, Level 1 First Aid & Ground Disturbance)
– Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
– Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residency
Why H3M Environmental?
We are a positive, culture driven environmental firm providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team please apply today!
H3M values and promotes the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.